The Orthodox Psalter, Full-size edition with Commentary.
FULL-SIZED (6.25" x 9.25") ENGLISH VERSION of the Psalms and Nine Biblical Odes, translated from the Septuagint and the Greek Psalterion authorized by the Church of Greece.
- This new revised and expanded 3rd edition can be used in the divine offices of the Church. Twenty groups of Psalms, called kathismata, have been arranged and versified according to the Greek Psalterion.
- Although the Septuagint numbering of Psalms is used, yet KJV numbering also appears.
- Six expanded Tables of Usage are furnished, as well as a general listing of the Psalms for daily services as provided in The Great Horologion, and an alphabetical list of introductory verse of each Psalm.
- As with our former publication of THE ORTHODOX NEW TESTAMENT in two volumes, this publication also equips the reader with Patristic Commentary and notes on select verses and inscriptions of the book of Psalms.
- The full-sized version is a sturdy Deep Purple Smyth-sewn case-bound book, with gold stamping, and a burgundy double-sided grosgrain ribbon marker.
- Black and red printing of text throughout, on high-opacity acid-free 80-pound creamy pages, in a very easy-to-read 14-point bold typeface for the Psalms, and a readable and clear 10-point typeface for the Commentary.
- Words of God and others are set in quotation marks.
- Bibliography furnished for Commentary. Illustrated.
- 438 pages.
- ISBN: 978-0-944359-35-8.
With so many Psalters available to the English reader, why select this one? The ecclesiastical English is most faithful to the original Greek, and diligently compared with the Psalterion of the Church of Greece, published by Apostolike Diakonia.
This brand-new translation echoes the rhythms of the original Greek, which was faithful to the Hebrew idiom.
The full-sized version with Commentary, reflecting the Orthodox perspective and interpretation of the spiritual insights of the holy Fathers from the East and West, promises to be an enriched reading experience that resonates with understanding of God’s word through the Psalmist David and others.
Now you can read the Psalter and find answers to commonly asked textual and theological queries.
This volume can help bring about a deeper relationship with God and reinforced faith in the Christ.
This is a one-of-a-kind Psalter which borrows from the whole spectrum of patristic authority for a dependable and valuable resource, not only for Church readings, but also for devotional reading, Bible study, sermon preparation, and teaching.
Therefore, come and explore the sacred writings with the champion holy Fathers of Orthodoxy so as to attain a better understanding of the wide range of prophetical, allegorical, mystical, and moralizing explanations of the verses.
Even for those who do not know Greek or Hebrew, exegetical material found within this book gives critical analysis of key words, that is not overly technical, for both beginners and scholars alike.